22.10.08

Travel Log

I have been motivated by a friend to update my blog (Thanks AH!)

I have been traveling for a few days and will not be back home until Friday. As I have been traveling I have found a couple things to write about...I arrived at the Sioux Falls SD airport and, was immediately surrounded by hunters. This one older gentleman followed me the whole way to the gate. He was looking around kind of lost, "Sir can I help you," he did not know how to get through the gate. I told him to take is shoes off, coat, belt and send all of these things through the x-ray machine. He was thankful.

My next experience happened as I boarded the plane. I was in seat 2F (I like sitting by the window). 2 men (older) were sitting in 2 E&F. I indicated that my seat was 2F. They looked up at me and said "We are in the right seats, we are in 3 E&F." I told them that there was only one row in front of them and that they were sitting in row 2. "Oh we did not see that," they indicated. My concern is how can 2 people not see that they were in the 2nd row, all they needed to do was count. They were a little put out that I made them move. Then I had to listen to their uneducated, belittling, insensitive comments the whole way to Chicago (yuck).

I arrived in Chicago and waited for my next flight to Orlando.

I boarded by Orlando flight. Boarded on the first call at 7pm. Again I sat against the window. I picked up a pillow because I knew that I would probably be sleeping. The flight was supposed to be from 730pm to 1050pm (with the 1 hour change). We did not take off from Chicago until 930pm. There was a gas discrepancy. It took them 2 hours to figure out that more gas needed added, what a bureaucracy!!!! During that time, I was dozing in and out of consciousness, then I realized that the pillow I was using was rip out from underneath my head. I thought is odd, turned around and the women behind me had her eyes closed and her head on my pillow!!! I did not want to be confrontational, cleared my throat, but she did not acknowledge me.

We took off at 930pm, I did not attempt to get my pillow back and arrived in Orlando by 130am. I did see the lady that stole my pillow asked if the pillow helped, she still did not respond. I wanted to scream at her, but didn’t.

This has been the weirdest traveling experiences I have had, and thought I would write about them.

Other things, my regional financial aid conference was good. The conference in Orlando is interesting. I am able to visit individually with other financial aid director at community colleges, this has been the most useful.

2 comments:

Adriana said...

Now see there is my cranky sometimes snobby good friend of mine that I miss so much. It is almost as if I can hear you complaining right next to me. Ha!

Tracy said...

I can't believe someone stole the pillow from under you! How rude does a person have to be to do such a thing!?