30.9.08

Relieve

I have been on call for Federal jury duty for the past 2 months. This was my last week to call in. My number was called! I showed up with 45 other potential jurors for a Federal criminal case. The accused allegedly robbed a bank with an illegal shotgun and took the cops on a high speed chase through 3 counties. I stayed at the court house most of the day being quizzed by the lawyers, but I was not chosen!

I am elated that I did not have to serve at this time, although it would have been intriguing! I would have needed to change my whole week. I am leaving in the morning to a conference where I am presenting 2 sessions. If I had been chosen I would have needed to impose on others to wing it in the presentations themselves. Speaking of the presentations, I finished them (finally).

I a family note...Paisley placed 4th again in her cross country meet last weekend. She is far exceeding our, hers, and the coaches expectations. I am happy that she is successful. Her and Margo (her best friend) are the only Freshman on the High School team. They are gaining great credibility with the coaches for future years.

Rachel is working her fingers to the bones. I wish I could releive her of some of her worry and responsibility. I just need to continue helping around the house as much as possible to assist.

Zach's leg is still broken. Homecoming is rapidly approaching, I don't know if he will go, I kind of hope he does. There are some good young women in our Stake and he is a reasonable young man! :)

Ayden insists on playing his baritone A LOT! I think he is excited, and it is good to see him focus.

The other three boys are just rough and tumble boys, with PLAY in their minds. That is it for this week.

No comments: