27.10.08

Home at last!

This was a crazy week! I am glad to be home. Friday night my parents pulled into town to spend the night with us. That is just the perfect timing for my mother. Our active children seem to exhaust her quickly. The 2 youngest boys entertained my parents the whole time they were here. On Saturday our family was busy with church things. Rachel had training early on Saturday. My parents continued on their trip. We were all excited to see them. Paisley and I went to the cross country sectional meet for her high school. Paisley’s best friend was running in the competition and she placed 25th.

We had the yearly Truck-or-Treat at our church on Saturday. Zachary and I made chili for the chili competition (we got 2nd). Rachel made some good corn bread. Here is the list of costumes:

Connor – Cowboy (we think, he really didn’t want to dress up)
Isaac – Cowboy (he had everything goin’ on!)
Kaleb – Secret Service
Ayden – Military guy
Paisley – An Egg
Zachary – Another military guy
Rachel – Sarah Palin (the only thing she was missing was a gun!)
Chris – Ace of Diamonds

We had a fun time doing this. Every year instead of giving out candy, Rachel and I choose to make balloon animals with those long balloons. All of our children were hyped up on sugar (Sunday was a nightmare).

After the trunk-or-treat we attended a Gold and Green Masquerade Ball. We all went home and changed. Rachel had her mother send her one of her prom dresses from high school, she didn’t have to do much altering (she looked great!). I borrowed a cape from a friend and Rachel and I had masks. There was a floor show and someone taught interested parties some formal dance moves. The children had fun watching the floor show then Zachary took the younger ones home and put them in bed. Paisley stayed with Rachel and I and we all learned how to swing dance better. This was a packed full day, but it was fun.

Sunday was a regular church attending day with a 4 year old hopped up on candy. He was somewhat bearable the whole day. He crashed in Paisley’s room (I think). I was asleep by 8pm, I was hopped up on too many activities in a given week. I am thankful for rest!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love my cornbread too (assuming Rachel used my recipe that she emailed me for!). ;-)