26.2.09

Sickness Blahhhhh….Health Blaaaahhhhh....

Whenever I get sick it makes me reflect on my own mortality! I guess I should do it more than that but don’t. We are very resilient, frail creatures. We cannot control the sickness that invades our bodies (in some cases) but can come back worn, but well afterwards. I am always amazed at what a simple virus, bacteria, infection can do to an individual…it can have riveting affect on body and soul. Sometimes when I get sick I remember nightmares that I had as a child that seemed so real to me but are now just a small memory. This time it was a little chilling how some of those young, tender feelings came back a little stronger than anticipated. When I am well I cannot bring those feelings and ideas to my mind…this continues to amazes me …the profound interconnectedness of body and soul.

These thoughts makes me more cognizant of my health+attitude+mental state=output for interactions with others. These things need to stay in balance in order to have meaningful, productive days. Now I am starting to sound like Stuart Smalley…gag. I am just glad to be back to normal (whatever that means).

My wife does yoga and Adriana Heskett mentioned in one of her last blogs about being sore from it but hopefully finding its usefulness. If I had an outlet like this to find my center and to improve my mental state, I know it would be extremely helpful to me daily. I need to find the gumption to commit and stay with something like that……….PAUSE A DAY……….listen to some elevator music………………....I found the motivation (I believe) to get my physical state to a better place. I had a good talk with a friend last night and he will help motivate me, and inspired me to do better.

Get up and get goin’!

No comments: