10.2.09

I know....

Here I am updating my blog (that really isn't a blog at all because I seldom write things). This HAS to become a more common occurrence or I really should not be doing this.

We are in the “idle hand” stage at work, this is the lull before the storm for most of my staff. This gives them opportunities to create some interesting situations and attend to trivial, menial things that, when busy, they do not attend to (idle hands are the devils workshop). I am a shameless non-delegator and could eliminate some of these games if I could just give up something. Alas, here I sit overwhelmed at the things on my plate (and manage to get done) but I would be in a happier place if I did not put myself through such torture.

I learned the other day that there is a CafĂ©’ on the top floor of Nordstrom’s (I do not shop there, I can’t even afford the air to breathe in there). I went there with some colleagues at work and had a delightful lunch. So I learn of a new place to dine and that it has some of the best tomato/basil soups around. This dog learned a new trick!

That is it for right now, so I do not overdue myself on my first entry since????

1 comment:

Adriana said...

H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P! I thought my google reader was playing tricks on me when I saw your blog pop up. YEAH!

So BTW...I never thought I would say this...but...take a lesson from Deb. She was awesome at delagating so much to the point that half the time she didn't always have a clue what was going on...but it was ok b/c me, Joey, and Donna were awesome. Don't you want your people to be awesome?!?! Trust me my current boss is not so good at the delegating thing and it drives me nuts. I just want to tell her don't complain to me that you have so much to do when I am running data clean up reports just to give me something to do. I HAVE NOTHING! I get that it is hard to take the 30 minutes now to train someone on something but trust me in that it will pay itself off for a long time. Or not and then you just need to fire some people and hire more awesome people. Can't wait to see you in Philly!