19.10.09

Church

Church is always such a hard battle in our family. Everyone goes but it is hard to get everyone there on time. I am at church 2 hours earlier than most for leadership meetings, this places Rachel in the situation of getting everyone there herself. Well, because she is outnumbered 6 to 1, there may be some things she overlooks.

The funniest thing happened yesterday....Rachel is tired of waiting on people to get to church, she has to show up to get her class set up and ready. She likes to be there by 830am. This is later than school is for the children, so you would like there would be no problem....think again! Rachel does not like to take multiple cars to church, waste of gas and energy. She left the house and left the 3 oldest children at home on Sunday (Ayden, Paisley and Zachary). The assumption was that Zachary would bring the other two children. Ayden was so upset that he went down to the basement not realizing that Zachary and Paisley were still getting ready. They left to church without Ayden.

The first church meeting had started and my phone was vibrating. It did this a few times, voice messages were left. I could not figure out what was going on. Rachel had left the meeting to go out, I did not know what she was doing. I could not figure out who was calling me...I thought I had seen all of the children there. Once sacrament (communion) was blessed and passed I asked Zachary to call home and see what was the matter. I asumed Rachel had gone home with a sick child. I did not realize it was Ayden, until Zachary came in with Ayden...boy did he look mad!

I finally got the whole story after the meeting. Ayden got over it. On my way home from church I decided to listen to the messages Ayden left. I laughed the whole way home...."Dad, Mom LLLEFT me (pause, sob, hang up)." 2nd message..."Do not let MOM come and get me, DO NOT let MOM come and get me, (pause, sigh, hang up)." I laughed the whole way home. Ayden can be an emotional child and this was signature him today!

The day ended great. I still chuckle about this today!

No comments: