24.9.08

Hectic day

We are working through many changes in our family this new school year. Rachel started driving school bus at the first of the school year. This really rocked our little world (in a positive way, Rachel do not take offense to this statement and add worry to your life)! Zachary and Paisley are in earlier morning seminary, they leave the house at 530am. Rachel is up at 5am doing yoga and leaves at 6am to get her bus. I wake up sometime between 5-6am depending on the breakfast schedule or if Isaac is awake.

I get Ayden, Kaleb, Isaac, and Connor moving in that hour. Rachel gets back at 630am to pick up Isaac and Connor for their daily bus ride. There is either excitement about the bus ride or grumbling, "I want to stay with Dad"...not an option. Rachel leaves with those two boys...Ayden and Kaleb are left. I get them breakfast.

Zachary and Paisley come back just before 7am. Paisley catches her bus at 730am. Ayden and Kaleb catch there bus (or ride their bikes) at 745am. I have to leave the house by 725am to get to work on time. Zachary usually rides with me to High School, because you cannot ride the bus in high school, or maybe it has something to do with his broken leg currently. Whatever the reason he leaves with me.

That leaves our dog Nic at home until Rachel returns by 9am or after depending on her commitments on other fronts.

You know this would be a great MATH problem:

There are 8 people, 3 leave, 1 come back, 3 leave, 2 come back, 5 leave, how many are left?

THE DOG :)

Then our day continues once school is out and is just as chaotic! I do not feel we are over-committed with too many activities, but I am BEAT after the day. Zachary and I were have a somewhat civil conversation last night (well maybe not)...after about 1030pm I shut down and the teenagers of the house wonder "what is wrong with our parents"? I told him (frankly) that after 1030pm this is MY time to accomplish what I need to and not what others need. Selfish I know, but Rachel and I need time to compose ourselves after a day like this otherwise we will not be who we need to be.

I have rambled on enough today.

2 comments:

BrianG said...

Chris, welcome to the blogospere! Check out my blog if you have time sometime. I don't post that often but I have pictures of the family and updates on us in Indiana.

Heidi said...

Wow. That's like WOW! I thought my days were hectic. WOW!